The mission of the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) Foundation, the philanthropic arm of AGD, is to passionately support the efforts of the general dentist toward improving the oral health of the public.
The AGD Foundation strives to improve awareness and early detection of Oral and Oropharyngeal cancers. We believe that through free oral cancer screenings, continuing education, and other awareness efforts, we can help combat the spread of Oral Cancer.
Any donations made will go directly toward expanding the number of dentists and patients whom we are able to impact with our oral cancer awareness campaigns, which include:
- Oral Cancer Screenings: Free oral cancer screenings, public service announcements, and risk factor prevention education materials are offered at the annual AGD Scientific Session to attendees, and in underserved communities.
- Oral Cancer Continuing Education Course: The course is offered at the AGD Scientific Session. Attendees of this course learn oral cancer examination techniques, and the course will culminate in the opportunity to examine live patients at the AGD Foundation’s oral cancer screening event.
- Electronic Silent Auction Fundraiser: The auction is open 24/7 via smartphones to AGD’s 40,000 members, as well as their families and friends. AGD members, constituents, regions, and exhibitors are encouraged to donate items for the auction.
- Grant Program: The AGD Foundation Grant Program fulfills the foundation’s mission by offering financial support for programs that promote oral cancer awareness, education, and/or screening that is independent of standard dental practice.
- Continue to develop the Foundation as the trusted charitable arm of Academy of General Dentistry (AGD).
- Create a sound financial infrastructure through effective fundraising efforts.
- Expand the reach of the Foundation through social media and other communications.
- Engage larger and more diverse populations.